5 Different Models To Choose From. Pick the right one for you application.
only $14.98 Works with Vista/XP/98/Me and Mac OS X
Use to extend a USB device such as printers, modems, scanners, digital cameras, etc.
The GM-800-5M USB2.0 Extension Cable is not a passive extension cable. It's an active device allowing you to extend other USB cables. The USB signals going in and out of the extension cable are buffered to assure signal quality and the meeting of the USB2.0 Electrical and Timing Specifications. Using passive cables for the purpose of extension will result in signal errors and is not recommended.
The GM-800-5M USB2.0 Extension Cable allows a USB device to have its cable length extended by up to an additional 40 to 80 ft. By connecting 8 and 16ft. cables in a serial fashion, The USB2.0 extension cable acts as a transparent USB hub and buffers both downstream and upstream data traffic. Both Low and High speed devices will function as well as if they were directly connected to a USB Port with the USB2.0 extension cable.
Features and Requirements
- USB 2.0 specification compliant
- Data Transfer rate up to 480Mbps
- True Plug and Play
- No External power requirements
- 16 foot cable length
- Type "A" male end, "A" female end connectors
- IBM PC 486DX4-100 MHz or higher.
- Available USB 2.0 port (up to 480Mbps) OR available USB1.1 port (up to 12Mbps).
- Windows® 98SE, Windows® ME, Windows® 2000 or Windows® XP. Windows® Vista.
Typical USB 2.0 Extension Cable Configuration Diagram
The above diagram is a representation of how the USB2.0 extension cable functions.
USB 2.0 Extension Cable Specifications
|Cable Length||8/16||Feet||Embedded USB Transceivers cable prevents signal loss|
|Maximum Supply Current Drawn||5.0||mA||MAX@400C Typical current less than 3mA|
|Maximum Cable Voltage Drop||0.095||Volts||@500mA, Ta=40|
|VBUS and GND Wire Size||20||AWG|
|D+ & D- Wire Size||28||AWG||Strand-Twisted Pair. 90 Ohm characteristic Impedance|
|Cable Shield||Aluminized wrap foil w/ 28AWG wire and copper mesh over foil. UL Approved|
|High Speed Mode||480||Mbps||USB 2.0 Bus Speed|
|Low Speed Mode||12||Mbps||USB 1.1 Bus Speed|
|USB Transceiver Specification||Meets USB 2.0 Specifications|
|Down Stream Connector||Female||Type "A"||USB Approved Connector|
|Up Stream Connector||Male||Type "A"||USB Approved Connector|
USB 2.0 Extension Cable Connector Close Up
This is the female end of the USB2.0 Extension Cable and the brains of the operation. This is what delegates the USB signal when connecting several USB2.0 extension cables in series or connecting one peripheral USB cable to the extension.
The standard USB cable length is about 5 meters, the USB extension cable or data extension cable as it is sometimes called does as it's name implies and extends or repeats the length of the standard usb cable, or the length of data signal to its destination peripheral or hub. This particular cable is 16 feet long.
This is a home office must and will certainly allow you more options when it comes to setting up a home office with your USB peripherals. I would certainly recommend this product to those who need to extend their USB cable and signal. "
Do you need to extend the distance from your computer to a USB device such as a printer or scanner? According to the USB specification, you can use passive extension cables (i.e., cables without an active repeater chip in them) for distances up to 16 feet. Beyond sixteen feet, you need a cable that will boost the signal in order to avoid losing data or, worse yet, damaging USB equipment. The maximum distance that you can reach by chaining Active USB Extension Cables together is 80 feet. By using 16 foot cables (the most common length available) you can safely chain up to 4 of these together without risking data loss or damage to your device (in addition to the 4-active extension cables you will use a regular device cable at the end that can be up to 16 feet - this is how you achieve the maximum distance of 80 feet). In order to use a USB Extension Cable with a device, you plug the extension cable directly into the USB port on your desktop or notebook. On the other end of the cable, you will have a type A female port where you can plug your device cable in, which will be connected to the device on the other end.
USB 2.0 - Japan NEC Chip for only $25.98
NOW WORKS WITH VISTA! NEC Chip Inside, this is the Best Amplified solution for Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Data Transfer up to 30ft. Away.
This Cable will Run Between Any USB 2.0 Device and a Host Computer up to 30ft. Away, Item Uses Standard A Male Port to Connect to Host Computer and Standard B Plug to Connect to any AC Powered USB Device. This Cable Amplifies All Signal So there is no Signal Loss even at 30ft. There is one Limitation, USB Device that Plugs into this Super Long USB Extension Needs to Be AC powered (Plugs into the wall, does not draw power form USB port). That is it, Need to Extand your Printer, Scanner, Digital Photo Frame, Etc. up to 30ft. Away, This item will do the trick!
- SUPER Long Range USB Device Cable!
- 30ft. A to B Amplified Signal Cable for Windows And Mac Users
- Japan Made NEC Chip Inside
- USB 2.0 specification compliant.
- Data transfer rate up to 480Mbps.
- True Plug and Play.
- No external power require.
- CE and FCC Approved.
USB 2.0 Active Extension Cable
Unlike passive extension cables, the USBG-30FTAB 2.0 Certified Active Extension Cable (using NEC HUB chip) is an active device that buffers the data going in and out to assure that signal always meets the USB 2.0 Electrical and Timing Specifications.
USBG-30FTAB can be used to extend the cable length of any USB 2.0 device. This USB active cable acts as a transparent USB 2.0 Hub Therefore there is no drivers required!
Extends and boosts the signal to any USB device supports data transfer speeds up to 480 Mbps
Built-in repeater helps maintain Hi-Speed USB 2.0 signal quality, electrical and timing specifications
Overcomes the 5 m (16 ft.) USB distance limitation ideal for connecting most USB printers
Provides a single, non daisy-chainable extension for maximum distance of 9 meter (30 ft.)
Plug and Play; Windows and Mac compatible bus-powered requires no external power supply
- Power is delivered using 22AWG Wires and Signal Is boosted using HUB ASIC Chip to Full USB 2.0 High-Speed Specification over 28AWG Wires
- USB 1.1 and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 compatible
- A male to B male
- Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista and Mac Linux compatible
- Cable length, 9.0 m (30 ft.); 432 g (15.2 oz)
- Standard A to B Cable Ends, Plug Your Printer Scanner Whatever USB 2.0 Device you may have directly to this 30ft. long USB Booster Cable.
USB 2.0 - USB Active Extension for only $58.89
Long USB Extension Cable Using NEC 720114 Signal Amplifier Chip Inside. A to A Female Port up to 300ma of Power at the end of the Cable. Works Best With Powered AC Adapter Devices like Printers and Scanners.
This long USB 2.0 extension cable allows you to extend both USB and USB 2.0 cables with ease! It has a second male USB plug to give extra power, all the way up to 300ma of power a the end, that will power most USB devices.
USB 2.0 Specification and Speed of Transfer
The Longest Available USB Extension Cable Made, Item uses Highly Shielded USB/FS 28/20AWG E213967 80C Cable AWM 30V Cable.
The USB Active Extension Cable is not a passive cable. It has a patent pending ASIC chip inside that buffers the ingoing and outgoing USB signals. Passive cables have the risk of data loss because they cannot pass the signals efficiently. The Active Extension Cable acts as a single port hub, increase the distance between your computer and USB devices. The cable meets USB specifications and works with low-speed and high-speed devices
Extends the distance of a USB Device by 65 feet (20 meter).
Complies with USB Electrical and Timing Specs for a USB Hub.
Uses Cat5 to extend USB Cables $49.98 for 150ft
Use to extend a USB device such as printers, modems, scanners, digital cameras, etc.
The USB Line Extender enhances signal strength and reduces signal loss. Locate your USB 1.1 device or hub up to 150 feet from your computer, overcoming the standard 15-Foot USB 1.1 cable limitation! The patented ASIC's (Application Specific Integrated Circuits) technology sets up the USB signals to communicate up to 150 feet downstream using low-cost Cat 5/5e/6 cable. You can now enhance the capability and usefulness of your USB 1.1 devices.
How the USB 1.1 Line Extender Works
The line extender unit consists of a transmitter unit (end with cable) and a receiver unit. You'll need a standard Category-5 Network cable to connect the two units together. The patented ASIC's (Application Specific Integrated Circuits) are used to process and repeat USB signals to interpret the data being passed. The transmitter and receiver units can be used separately so user's can customize cables of any length, up to 150 feet. Click here for a tutorial for custom cable lengths made with standard Category-5 network cable and RJ-45 connectors.
USB 1.1 Line Extender Connection Diagram
As seen in this diagram of the usb 1.1 line extender, the transmitter module is connected to the usb port of the computer. An RJ45 cat 5 cable is used to extend the usb data to the receiver unit at the other end connected to a usb device. Any usb 1.1 device such as usb printer or a usb mouse can be used.
USB Extender Features
- Extends the distance of a USB device from a USB-enabled computer up to 150ft.
- Ideal for use with USB cameras, printers, web cams, keyboard/mouse extensions, and any other USB device.
- Self-powered (power comes from universal serial bus) so no external power source is required.
- Uses standard Cat5/Cat5E/Cat6 patch cord (not included) for ease of use and flexibility.
- Compliant with USB Specification 1.1
- Transmitter Connectors: USB Type A Male; RJ45 Female
- Receiver Connectors: USB Type A Female; RJ45 Female
Testing the USB 1.1 Line Extender
- The USB 1.1 Line Extender in use with a usb mouse. In testing, a 50 ft. rj45 patch cables was used. As seen to the left, the rj45 in conjunction with the usb 1.1 line extender still allows for self powering usb devices.
- As seen on the left, the transmitter unit of the USB 1.1 Line Extender is connected to the PC or laptop and the rj45 patch cable is run between the rj45 receptacle and the remote unit.
- A USB Hub was also used to test bandwidth capabilities. This particular usb hub is a 4 port usb hub that can be self powered or optional ac adapter can be used. In this case, self power was used as seen in images to the left and below. Because the hub is usb 1.1 compatible, it could be used in the testing.
- To test out the usb hub both the mouse seen here and a digital camera were used. Why the camera and the mouse? The mouse alone takes up little band width and is used in everyday operation, the digital camera uses more bandwidth in operations such as image transfer to the computer. The results were excellent and there were no errors while transfer was occurring.
Note: Not all ports on the usb 4 port hub were tested at the same time. The test in particular was to determine if multiple usb devices could be run from the single usb 1.1 line extender without disturbing usb signals being transmitted.
This is definitely a way to go product for extending the area of use with usb 1.1 devices. You no longer need to be restricted to a 4 to 5 foot area of operation, this also adds location options to your PC set up.
16ft and 2 ports for only $29.98
This Extender Cable Uses NEC USB 2.0 Hub Chip Inside, it even provides a power input so that you can boost power to full USB 2.0 Specification of 500ma per port without the use of additional USB Hub.
Extend your USB signal! This device is an extension cable between one or TWO USB devices and host (computer) with embedded USB 2.0 High-Speed ICS "intelligent" integrated circuits. The circuits cleans and amplifies the USB signal, giving you the maximum performance over extended distances (up to 80 ft.)! Order today!
Best way to extend your USB or USB 2.0 device without signal loss.
Two Port USB 2.0 High-Speed Active Extension Cable Using NEC Chip with LED and Optional Power Boost Jack (optional 5V AC adapter $9.98)
World's First and Only Power Option Active USB 2.0 Extension Cable Using NEC chip and Capable of up to 80ft. (5 segments of this cable can be stacked together)
- Cable Active power : 0.6W/3.3V/120ma
- Two standard USB Type A ports (4-pin)
- Support OHCI & EHCI mode
- With LED indicated working
- USB2.0 2 ports 5M Active cable
- Windows 98,98se, XP and 2000 2003 Linux MAC and Windows Vista Support
- Support Mac 9.1 and up
- Plug & Play
- Bus power mode (or AC power option)
- Compliant with USB specification 1.1 , 2.0
- USB A/M TO USB A/F ,
- Cable Length : 5M (16ft.)
- USB2.0 Stander Cable
- Extend length : 80FT.(MAX) You can stack up to 5 pcs. to get 80ft. range
- Weight : 450 g
You can purchase multiple products from this page. To view your shopping cart so far. Click the view cart button.